Under minimal supervision, performs a full range of administrative support duties, some of which are of a confidential nature. Develops reports; may perform a variety of duties commensurate with this level. Develops and maintains various communications.
· Develops, maintains and updates various communication forums, such as newsletter, social media and websites. May maintain databases, system applications or files to ensure accurate and current information is available for use by others.
· Gathers and summarizes information from various sources to complete reports and projects.
· Creates and maintains sensitive records.
· Assists with the purchasing of supplies.
· Assists with the maintenance of a master calendar.
· Administer and manage the Building Access Security Policy, specifically Key and Code access.
· Maintain office procedure manual so that information as to the function of the church office is kept up to date and is easily accessible to others should it be needed.
· Receives and refers guests, telephone callers, and email communication ensure that inquiries reach their intended destination. Processes and distributes incoming and outgoing mail.
· Uses online systems and software to gathers or creates and maintains records or data and distributes information as appropriate. May perform analysis of data and resolve discrepancies following prescribed procedures.
· May organize/maintain records and correspondence, following up on pending items; may facilitate/organize workflow, ensuring follow-up items are addressed.
· May occupy two key positions in the Board of Directors: Board Membership Secretary (i.e. Keeps accurate membership rolls) and Board Financial Secretary (i.e. Receives, records, and deposits all funds received by the congregation in a timely, thorough, and confidential manner.)
· Other duties as assigned.
· Working toward our mission to “Love God, Connect with Others, Serve the World”
· Understanding and familiarity with the structure of various functions and activities, e.g. Worship Services, Sunday School, Bible Study.
· All employment offers are subject to drug/substance screening, a criminal background investigation, and a positive reference screening
· Adapting Easily
· Building Relationships
· Communicating Openly
· Developing Oneself
· Executing Consistently
· Listening to Others
· Writing Clearly and Concisely
· Clerical/administrative expertise
· Data entry/keyboarding skills
· Knowledge of how to operate standard office equipment
· Ability to use desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, intranet/internet functions)
· High level of attention to detail and accuracy
· Skill in planning and organizing
· High School diploma/GED required. Associate or higher degree preferred.
· 1-3 years’ administrative experience, such as scheduling, utilizing office equipment, or other such clerical activities
· 1-3 years’ experience using Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Publisher
· 1-3 years’ experience in maintaining confidential data
· 1-3 years’ experience writing, formatting, and editing effective business communication
· 1-3 years’ experience working in a team environment.
· Experience developing a communication plan
· Microsoft Office Specialist certification
· Graphic design certification
· Strong faith
· Commitment to the church
· Good Christian example
The information contained is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of individuals performing the job.
What's something exciting your business offers? Say it here.
Say something interesting about your business here.
What's a product or service you'd like to show.